National Tax Manager
|| Calgary or Major City
|| Based on Experience
Main Job Description
Are you tired of having to meet year end reporting deadlines with very long hours? Do you enjoy the Tax knowledge research part more than keeping and growing a client base? Would you be interested in a much more flexible and balanced work life environment?
The National Tax Manager is very involved in the research and technical tax issues of the latest Tax laws and issues that unfold and how it affects clients in a variety of organizations from Private, Public and Not-for-Profit sectors. The National Tax Manager the go to person as part of the National Tax Team who works internally to support and deliver tax services, the development and coordination of tax training materials and the communication of tax matters throughout the firm. This position reports to the National Tax Partner.
• Develop and maintain the firms Tax standards
• Develop internal training materials and practice aids to support the implementation of firm standards
• Facilitate and assist with firm-wide learning & development events as needed.
• Research and keep up to date with the latest changes in local tax legislation as well as draft internal and external tax publications
• Issue tax technical research and information/support to professionals throughout the firm
• Prepare and participate in internal tax compliance and planning projects
• Completion of a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation or other Accounting Designation.
• Ideally the completion of level 1 and 2 of the In-Depth Tax Program
• Should have 4 or more years of relevant work experience in the tax practice of a public accounting firm.
• Experience preparing and reviewing domestic tax compliance and implementing tax reorganizations
• Proven technical writing and research skills
• Demonstrated project management abilities
Though we thank you and truly appreciate your interest in this position, only those
individuals being considered at this time will be contacted. Please do not hesitate
to visit our website at www.bondwellstaffing.com for other career opportunities.