Tax Manager - Financial Service Industry
|| Toronto Midtown
|| Based on Experience
Main Job Description
Our client is a financial services firm that offers practical solutions to financial problems and has a reputation for responsiveness, practicality, and results.
They are a dynamic group of professionals that provide solutions from structuring, negotiating and executing mergers, acquisitions, corporate finance to rescuing, refinancing and rebuilding businesses and the financial lives of individuals. For over 30 years, the firm has distinguished itself as a leader in this profession and currently employs more than 100 people.
Reporting to Senior Management, this candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the practice and must be capable of thinking outside the box while remaining true to the highest professional values, be entrepreneurial in spirit, and be a driven professional who wants to grow their career with us. This is an early growth phase part of the practice and as such requires the drive, energy and commitment to help build the practice.
• Finding solutions for tax related problems as they pertain to businesses and individuals while providing outstanding client service;
• Handling of retainer meetings;
• Maintaining a positive relationship with clients throughout the process and proactively recognizing and addressing their needs;
• Conducting meetings with the Canada Revenue Agency, outside professionals and both inbound and outbound referral sources;
• Management of Tax Administrators; assist them in performing to their highest potential by creating a learning environment through leadership and training
• Generating new business opportunities to expand the practice;
• A minimum of 4 years of tax specific industry experience;
• A minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience;
• Must have the highest standard of professionalism;
• A strong in-depth knowledge of Provincial and Canadian tax laws and compliance issues;
• Strong technical ability to make informed decisions;
• Strong negotiation skills;
• Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills;
Though we thank you and truly appreciate your interest in this position, only those
individuals being considered at this time will be contacted. Please do not hesitate
to visit our website at www.bondwellstaffing.com for other career opportunities.