Tax Advisor: Audits & Litigation
|| Calgary, Alberta
|| Based on Experience
Main Job Description
• Assist with the effective and efficient management of all Canadian federal and provincial income tax audits, appeals and litigation.
• Manage audit queries and negotiate with fiscal authorities during the course of audits.
• Assist in the risk review of tax issues.
• Serve as Income Tax focal point on global or domestic projects.
• Provide Income Tax Advice to Businesses and Functions, including the support of planning and tax financial structuring.
• Interface with Business Controllers' staff and Business Tax Advisors on Income Tax Compliance and Reporting matters.
• Develop and maintain relationships within the company to advise affected stakeholders on matters pertaining to income tax audits.
• Advise on matters of direct tax exposures and ensure that tax exposures are correctly reflected in the financials.
• Work on special projects on an as need be basis.
• Bachelor's Degree with focus on Business.
• Assist in raising tax awareness across Canadian businesses through training and workshops.
• Relevant tax law or accounting qualification.
• At least 7 years practical tax experience with another multinational company or a professional services firm
• Completion of Levels I and II of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course or equivalent.
• Knowledge of the principles of international taxation and accounting standards.
• Effective communicator of complex issues, both written and oral.
• Effective stakeholder management and influencing.
• Strong task prioritization skills.
• Ability to evaluate tax risks and balance those risks with business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the business.
• Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional teams.
• Strong negotiation skills and effective at influencing others
• Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and proven ability to deal with ambiguous or pressured situations.
Though we thank you and truly appreciate your interest in this position, only those
individuals being considered at this time will be contacted. Please do not hesitate
to visit our website at www.bondwellstaffing.com for other career opportunities.